Below are listed all updates and fixes completed in recent releases of EI-CORE. If you require the release notes for older versions than what is presented below, please contact us.
- Model Diagrams: Out of Memory Error: Fixed – a bug caused an ‘Out of Memory’ error to appear (though the diagram still showed properly after). Now fixed.
- Grids: Grids now show which columns are required by adding the word ‘required’ under the column heading:
- Fixed: Grids: Column Chooser would not close when moving to another grid/tab. Now fixed.
- Fixed: Data Connections: The comment field would display the entire comment without wrapping text thereby pushing other columns off screen…now fixed.
- New: Grids: Comments and Descriptions: columns that are edited in multi-line popups can now be edited by simply typing. Previously the editor first had to be opened by clicking the down arrow. Now pressing any key will open the editor. Also Ctrl+Enter can be used to close the editor again.
- Fixed: Guided Edit: Copy/Paste: Since the introduction of Power Edit, copy/paste in regular mode (Guided Edit) was not behaving intuitively. This has been fixed and copy/paste now works the same as before Power Edit mode was created.
- Fixed: Lookups: Attribute Type: Newly added types did not get their default ‘preferred’ flag set. The preferred tag is used to let users indicate the preferred type and should be yes or no. If not set, it would indicate ‘null’ in other parts of EI-CORE. This had no affect though – just visually not right.
- Fixed: Activity Manager: Pressing Save in the designer created an error because the template was in design mode. Fixed.
- Fixed: Tools: Sometimes a tool would be opened and then the user would navigate to another area of EI-CORE. Now the user can’t move on until the tool is closed. This only occurs when the tool needs to interact with the main grid.
- Updated: Code Manager: Removed unused query building widget from right side…this has been replaced by toolbar buttons.
- Fixed: Applications & Services: A bug was causing an error message to appear when this modules were opened in some situations (After the error message the modules still worked as expected). Fixed.
- Updated: Grids: Order column typically shows the order as a number with 5 decimals places (e.g. 1.00000). Now trailing zeroes are hidden and if the Order is ‘0’ a dash is shown instead of a zero. (Zero typically indicates that the order has not been set and is probably not important for the current view).
- Updated: Query Builder: Table columns were not honouring the Order set in EI-CORE in some cases. Fixed.
- Updated: Schema Import/Sync: Added support to capture Primary Key during schema import and sync.
- Updated: Schema Import/Sync: Column order now starts at 1 instead of 0 to be consistent throughout EI-CORE (generally, zero means order has not been set).
- Updated: Input & Output Schemas: Input & Output Schema now show column so all columns can be flagged as Attribute vs Primary Key(s)
- New: Output Schemas: A new tool has been created to help users create Output Models. In this release, you can choose an Input source/schema and build your output model by basing it upon an existing Input model. In addition you can also create a Translation between the two if desired.
- Updated: When making translations between Exchange to Input, Query Builder now allows a Rule Set to be saved. This also means that relationships between Exchange tables are also shown.
- New: EI-CORE checks before any edit is made that the database is online and the correct version. This measure will ensure that any users that leave EI-CORE running during a maintenance update will be prevented from making changes at an inopportune time.
- Updated: Information Store/Subject Models: Filter: Filter list did not display models in the correct order. Fixed…now different versions of models are grouped together.
- Fixed: Translations: Fixed a bug in which a translation mapping might show an attribute from an earlier version..rare bug… Now fixed.
- Updated: Menus: renamed the Translations menu items to use the word ‘to’ instead of the symbol ‘>’
- Fixed: Grid Editing: Fixed bug in which new edits in a row would silently be cancelled if edits were made in particular order (namely the user made combination of adding new rows and then editing existing rows)
- Fixed: Grid Editing: When editing some properties, the properties shown in the right hand side widget sometimes did not show the new values. Now fixed.
- Updated: Information Store/Hub: When adding new rows, attribute will automatically default to ‘Attribute’ class instead of forcing user to click there first.
- Power Edit: Attributes: new rows will automatically default to the unit called unitless and the type called NA (Not Applicable) (as long as these items have been added to the EI-CORE lookup libraries).
- Fixed: Grids: When deleting rows from a grid, sometimes the grid would turn all white. Only in portable version. Now fixed.
- New: Updated the Settings form…removed settings/properties that were not relevant for regular usage.
- Updated: Attributes: Unit and Type dropdown list were not sorted by ideal order.
- Fixed: Attributes: When a new unit is added, depending on work flow, it might not have gotten into a cache which would later give an error if used. Now fixed.
- Fixed: Rule Sets: When adding a new row, if user forgets to select Schema a warning appears but it mentions that wrong column name. Now fixed.